FACT #1: There are 13 meetings (from 2013 alone) without the accompanying minutes posted on the Commissioners' website.
Detailed and accessible meeting minutes are essential for accountability. See for yourself.
FACT #2: In the minutes for April 2013's meeting, the Commissioners gave themselves a 300% raise, and a 400% raise to the Supervisory Commissioner. The raise was approved unanimously on April 18, 2013. Here are the minutes to prove it.
FACT #3: There were 20 signatures on the petition to start a second company.
- Of them, 3 revoked their signatures in statements over the weekend before the petition was released on 10/21.
- Another 3 are not residents of District 3. (They live in Cream Ridge, NJ, Manchester, NJ, and Tullytown, PA.)
- 2 signers, former members of 55, were removed from Co. #1 for failing to meet response and training standards.
- 1 individual notified Station 55 on 10/26 that he no longer wishes to associate with the second company.
- 1 more individual notified Station 55 on 10/30 that he no longer wishes to associate with the second company.
- 1 more individual notified Station 55 on 11/05 that he no longer wishes to associate with the second company.
FACT #4: Station 55 boasts the first Fire Explorers program in Jackson; mentoring 9 young Jackson residents ages 14-17.
FACT #5: Station 55 was recognized for valor by New York City in 2001 for their response to the World Trade Center on 9/11.
FACT #6: Stations 54, 55, 56, and 57 co-sponsored a training seminar in Jackson featuring 2 nationally recognized fire service speakers on Saturday, November 2. Over 78 firefighters from allover NJ and PA attended.